ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

The Long, Hot Texas Summer by Cathy Gillen Thacker

The Long, Hot Texas Summer - Cathy Gillen Thacker

This book was given to me from Netgalley for an honest review.

I found this book to be lighthearted and sweet. Even though it dealt with a couple of heavy issues it was still a light happy read. Here we have Amanda who is surprisingly a beautiful carpenter with a heart of gold. She is so strong willed and says what ever comes to mind, she doesn't seem to let anyone hold her down. Well except for maybe herself. I hated to see that she thought so little of herself and had such low self esteem. Then in walks a tall cool drink of water that is surely needed on a hot Texas day, Justin. Whooo what woman doesn't love her a stubborn strong willed man? But little do we know he is hiding some insecurities also. He hired her to do the carpentry work for his up and coming boys ranch. He has a hope to bring light to some troubled boys lives and little does Amanda know she is just the right person to help him, in more ways than one. It was sweet to watch these two grown to love and trust each other, including themselves.

Like I said this was a quick light read for me. It was way different from what I am use to reading but I was still caught up in the story. I loved reading about these two characters. I think the author did a fantastic job with this whole book and I can't wait to read more from her.

My song for this book; Stuck like Glue by Sugarland