ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Chaysing Dreams by Jalpa Williby

Chaysing Dreams - Jalpa Williby

I was given this book for an honest review.

So, I finally just finished this book!. It was good! At first i thought that I really wasn't going to be able to read it all the way through! When it first started out I was kind of bored! And yes I know you are probably wondering why in the world I keep putting an exclamation point at the end of all my sentences but you will just have to keep wondering for a little bit longer! Like I was saying, this book started out a little young for my taste and I honestly didn't think I could hang with it and I vowed if it kept up like this I was just going to be done! As you can see I was able to hang in there and by 31% I was able to stick with it. I am kind of glad I did because I did for the most part enjoy this book!

We meet Tess in the beginning at the young age of 15, she wants you to think she is just an average teenager just living her life. She engages in her studies and is very involved with sports, she even volunteers with autistic children. How could you not love her? Sadly, I didn't love her. She was way to perfect and I wanted to gag half the time. So besides her perfect priestliness, I did like her part of the time. She seemed to be strong and never let anything stand in her way. Until that fateful day she meets Joe, Chris and Chayse. Yes he is all the same guy. I can't tell you to ,much without giving this all away. He is your typical hottie nice bad boy that every girl is drawn to. And oh yes, he sings and plays acoustic, melt my heart. Let's just say these two are unique and no matter how much he tries to keep his distance he is always drawn back to her. Just when it seems that they may finally find a little bit of happiness, it is all of a sudden ripped away. A group of people want Chayse for what he is but they have no idea about Tess. He decides to make the ultimate trade, himself for her life. In doing this he will leave Tess for good and with no memory of him. Yeah I may have shed a few tears at this, yes I know I am such a girl. So she wakes up with no memory of him only to find out she has been missing for 3 weeks from her best friends. Yeah I had to wonder also, I mean didn't they think about this? I don't know maybe he was guaranteeing on this to maybe help jog her memory? There was also something that happened when they were together that Tess can never get back, so how did she not realize something that major had changed? Hmmm, kind of weird. Oh i almost forget that they both seem to have nightmares that they don't realize invovles one another and seem to tell a little bit of the future.

In the beginning this story moved so quick and skipped through so much time that it got a little confusing at times. I just wanted it to slow down and take a breath for a minute, maybe smell a rose or two lol. Oh lord and the exclamation points, yeeshe! There were just so many of them, I mean it seemed like there were 20+ per page for a while there. I am telling you, these were some very excited people. Drove. Me. Nuts. Besides the rushy rushy at the beginning and everybody being overly excited throughout the book, it really was a decent story. I hated that I never really knew what was going on. I had a million and one questions and yes some of them got answered but definitely not all of them. And that is one of the main reasons I hung on, I just had to know what happened. And I now just realized that I have no idea when the next book will be out, someone please get this author on the phone because we need to have a very serious conversation. Overall, I ended up liking Tess and Chayse, I mean come on the man sang and played acoustic! Sigh. The story started out slow and young but when it picked up, you just hung on for the ride. It was full of adventure, action, excitement, passion, mystery, questions, heartache and loss. So much packed into one book and thankfully the book never seemed to be weighed down by it. So if you are looking for a story that is going to have you constantly wondering, WHERE THE, WHY THE and WHAT THE HELL? Grab this one up and quick. I am now going to sit here patiently for the next book. Hint, hint, wink, wink!

My song for this book: Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift ft The Civil Wars