ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Executive Sweet by Sage Ardman

Executive Sweet - Sage Ardman

I was given this book for an honest review.

Ok I am going to attempt to write this review again, but if this time I fail then I am done. Now let me go ahead and say that just because I didn't find this book enjoyable doesn't mean that you shouldn't give it a chance. This is my opinion and my opinion alone, and with that said here we go.

Sadly as hard as I tried I just couldn't bring myself to finish this book. Sigh, I will however tell you the good things about it. 1) The story wasn't really all that bad, maybe it just needed to be executed better or something. 2) I found little grammar and spelling errors, so that's a positive. Sigh. Where this book completely took a dive for me was with the characters. And that to me is a very important part of a book. Let's talk about Kay......... Hold on I am trying to get this out. I think maybe she was suppose to come off as one of those beautiful and intelligent woman that didn't let her looks go to her head and all that jazz. Sadly she just seemed egotistical, snobby, flaky and I really just found her quite disgusting. She was suppose to be doing what she was doing to prove to men that women were more than sex objects, in all reality I believe she had every feminist shaking their heads and finding new bras to burn. She pretty much sent women to the pole(stripper pole). It was sad. And ahhh here we have Dan the Man as I like to call him, I just wanna kick him in the balls. He was pretty much just like all the men he and Kay set out to take down. He was just ewwwwww. Kay take a cold shower and open your eyes, do you see him or are you letting your lust blind you?

And the other down side was some of the story was just so far out there maybe it should of read like a paranormal romance at times. I mean really, who in the hell is that perfect and pretty much has every man in the universe willing to bend over and hand you everything, but maybe a Siren? NO ONE!! And wow so Dan was going to hire a detective to investigate this glass company but since Kay used her beauty and got the info for him he just gave her the $90,000 that he was going to pay the detective. Wait! What!? Is this detective a part of the President of the US secret service? Who pays that much really? Oh I just couldn't take it anymore and put the book down.So there ya go.