ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Tattered Love by Lola Stark

Tattered Love (Needle's Kiss, #1) - Lola Stark

I was given this book for an honest review.

Holy sweet Jesus babies!! I am in love! Well some serious lust anyways. I honestly could not put this book down, hell I want to pick it up and read it all over again. Gahhhh.

Let me get on to one of my favorite parts, the characters. Scarlett(Scar)is your average everyday woman who has had the usual ups and downs in life. For now things are looking up, she has her own business, a tattoo shop and friends that are more family than anything in her life. She is on cloud 9, but sadly that one little detail is missing, love. She is just so unlucky with love,, so she has just decided it's not meant for her. Until that one fateful day that Mace walks into her shop. Mace has just gotten out of the army and is home for good. he decides to pop in and surprise his brother and get a little ink, why not? Little did he know he was going to be smacked dead in the face with the one thing that has been missing in his life, Scar. But this gorgeous hunk of man has lots of hurt in his past that he thinks he can never get over. He may want love and Scar in his life but he honestly thinks he doesn't deserve it. So the big question is will these two finally let themselves see whats standing right in front of them or let their past ruin it all?

Let me tell you, this book was so friggen hot that it had me tearing up. I mean I would get this smirk and bite my lip so much and there were tears in my eyes. No, not from any sad stuff, but guhhh this book was just ..just...amazeballs. Look I am trying to keep it PG here and that's the best I could come up with. I believe I may have permanent teeth marks in my lip now. I loved the characters. Scar was just hot, sassy and tattooed. I love tattoos. I loved the stuff that came out of her mouth, she was friggen hilarious. And Mace, ohh tarter sauce that man. I am telling you, these two have me speechless. The things this man said, from the dirty stuff to the cutey wutey stuff, he had me. And once again, lets throw in more tattoos! Did i mention I love tattoos? Ugh.

On to the story itself. I liked it, it wasn't my favorite part obviously but it was still good. It did have a couple of tiny parts that got a little boring. And let me point out that my most hated word in the English language is the word "panties" and grr that word was used a lot in this book lol I noticed a couple of editing errors and one where I thought in the beginning where the twins were 4 when the mom left but later in the book it said they were 2. I could be completely wrong so don't quote me on that. Even though those tiny things, the characters completely won me over. I mean all of them.
Loved it and can not wait to read more from this series.

My song for this book: You've Seen the Butcher by Deftones