ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Sellin Scarlett by Ella James

Selling Scarlett - Ella James

I was given this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

So this book was a little of all kinds of jacked up right from the start. Half the time I could't figure out if I was coming or going. Whiplash central here! I honestly am stuck on how I feel about this book, I mean, of course there were parts I liked but sometimes, I just had to roll my eyes. I mean the exciting parts were good but at times it just got kind of dull and maybe even a little predictable. I kind of figured out who one of the bad guys was right from the start. it kind of killed the mystery for me a little. So like I said I am here just kind of stuck wondering what in the world just happened.

So here we have Elizabeth(Libby) who is just an odd duck. I was a little confused about what her background story was when she came into the picture. And there was still some unanswered questions I have about her. I did like her though. I found her a little immature at times and maybe a little stalkerish but she grew on me. Now Hunter, hmmm yes I will say he was the typical hot, messed up bad boy. But like Libby I didn't fully get him either. So much left unanswered about theses two. And their relationship was just odd at times, or what little bit they had. And when they finally took care of her V-card it was just blah, I was left asking myself if that was it. I mean come on even FSOG went down better than that lol. Sigh but I am glad after all the weird trouble they got their HEA.

So now to the story and writing. Well you got some of my feeling in the beginning so here are the rest. I seriously can't figure this book out. I am still kind of dumbfounded here. Sad I know. The writing was so so. It was good at times and bad at times. The author seemed to give to much detail when it wasn't needed and not enough detail when it was needed. Major head shake here. I felt like I was driving over speed bumps just trying to get through this book. But I hung in there till the very end. So with an odd story, storyless characters and I am not sure what else, I am for some reason giving this story 4 stars. Maybe it was just some of the jacked up stuff that got my attention, who knows. At this point don't ask me lol.

My song for this book - The Police ~ I'll Be Watching You