ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Beautiful Creatures  - Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia

Ok so i am finally starting this series and to be honest I am not sure at this point if I can even finish the first book. The first 100 pages were just so slow. I of course didn't know much about the series and I wasn't sure at first whose POV this story was told from, so I was a little confused. But since I did buy the whole series on sale at Amazon, I might as well start them. So far I am wishing I could hit the refund button. I can't really explain it but it just seems like to much is crammed into one book and I am around page 270. I am not going to lie, the book has started to pick up some and is slowly growing on me, But it still has a lot of down time when I have to stop and think "TO MUCH,THIS IS TO MUCH" and on it goes. So we will see

So day 2 and the book is finished, I now hear the angels singing. Overall the story wasn't really all that bad, it's just like I said earlier it felt like there was to much crammed into this one book. For me there was just to many things I had to remember and keep straight and then some stuff popped up and I was just like, "ummmm I don't remember any mention of that so far, where did that come from?" I may sound dumb but geez it's a first book in the series and you have already hit us with all this stuff, Dark and Light Casters and the various types of Casters and supernatural, teen love, sweet sixteen, crazy family, small town, cliques, death , etc. etc. etc. The list can go on forever.
I did actually like some of the characters. I often did want to smack Ethan and Lena upside their heads but I mean really, they did sound like true 16 year olds lol Besides all the paranormal stuff, the people did seem like a group of small town folks you would meet on any normal day. So that is a plus and when the story picked up it was really good. But I still just couldn't score it very high and went with 3 stars. And now I am off to read the next book because I really have to know what happens now lol. i have been sucked in, lets hope this gets better.

P.s. I don't usually do reviews but I thought I would try it out. I am also not good at writing and have had a a 4 year old talking to me nonstop for the past 15 mins. yeah fun fun