ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Savin' Me (A Heat Wave Novel #1) by Alannah Lynne

Savin' Me  - Alannah Lynne

I was given this book for an honest review.

Oh how I liked this book, it made me giggle..a lot. Now let me tell you most likely the main reason why I liked this book, the sexual innuendos. Yep you read that right lol. I can't help it, part of my brain is a 15 year old boy. I bet 97.3% of the time,I can take anything you say and make it perverted. You can tell me about a marshmallow getting stuck to a wall and in my head I have already came up with 8 different ways to turn that all around. I should probably seek help for this little problem but I enjoy the entertainment.

So we start out by meeting Erik and from this man's first thought, I was already swooning. I found it cute how he tried to act all manly and not lu-lu(haha) whipped in front of his boy, even though I wanted to kick him for it. Own your actions man, own them! You come to find out that although he may be a playboy, there is a part of him that is struggling daily. I do feel like though, the author just barely skimmed the surface with him. I felt like she may have left out an important part of him. But I did like him, especially the caveman part. Sorry this woman likes some cavemen lol. He was just missing tattoos. So halfway through his introduction we meet Kat. Apparently these two shared a night of passion that has since stuck with Erik and after 13 months of looking for her, she is basically served to him on a silver platter. Now Kat, I liked the spunky side of her. She was funny and just seemed like a girl you would go have drinks with. And the simple fact that she was the one to hightail it the next morning after their first encounter made me want to hug her and buy her a cookie. The one thing I didn't like about her, was how easily she just put herself out there for Erik. I know she put up a little fight but I wish she would of held out some more. At times it almost seemed to rushed, maybe even forced between them. You do find out that the both of them have a troubled family life and that does help to bring them more together. And you eventually find out what past event has stained Erik's soul. Now I kind of get what his deal was. I really did like his determination to win Kat over, even though he thought that nothing would ever come put of it. So the big question is, did he win her over just to throw it all away? Did Kat ever let go of some of the hurts from her past and give herself the chance to live? Hmmmm?

As far as the story goes I enjoyed it. There was some humor, romance and a little heartache. I may have teared up a little in a couple of spots and also called Erik some ugly names in my notes. The only downside I found in this book was, to me it seemed like at times the author over did it with details. Three paragraphs later and she is still describing the entryway to the house. I appreciate some detail but ehh it seemed like to much for me. Oh the other thing, I didn't like was, Erik made it seem like that even after Kat that he dated but didn't sleep with anyone. But later you find out he did, while once again she became the born again virgin. For once I wish authors would reverse this role. But don't worry I am not holding this against her, I am just stating my opinion on the matter. I also thought the end was kind of blah, I couldn't believe that was it. I wanted more from them, more answers or something. But overall I really liked Erik and Kat, oh and lets not forget Little Bit and Grandpa! I really enjoyed the story, I honestly did bust out laughing a few times and considered going and getting a glass of ice water for those steamy parts. Whew! I can not wait to read the rest of this series.

My song for this book: Bloodstream by Stateless