ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley

Mystery Man  - Kristen Ashley

I asked this question on Facebook last night. Why didn't anybody fucking warn me about this book? Seriously, I read this thing in one sitting, from 1 PM to 11 PM. I'm not even sure if I fed my kids(I promise I really did). This was my very first Kristen Ashley book and let me tell you I was floored, why haven't I read anything by her before? I kept seeing several blogs talking about this book recently and hell I had to pick it up.

So I am not going to go all into to describing the book as usual, I just figure I would give y'all my opinion of it. Excited huh? I loved it! No joke, I was so jealous of Gwen and her nighttime visitor. And I am not talking about the sand man people. I mean come on, can't I just meet a hot mysterious man that sneaks in and just rides me like a roller coaster here? But I will say besides the mystery it was a little odd at times but ehh not enough to sway my opinion on this. It sucked that her trashy sister was putting her through such hell but lord, look at what that hell brought her! There was hot penis everywhere! And let me tell you I so hoped she repeatedly tacked Tack when she went to stay at his mountain hideaway. I felt she deserved it after what she was told. I would of. Half the time I didn't get Hawk(her mystery man). I know he was this uber badass commando guy but ehhh. Sometimes the alpha pushed me a little to far and even pissed me off but it made me smile that she would push right back. I hated that she gave into him so easily when he fucked up. I mean hell she could of at least held out a little longer. And I know he admitted to Thursday but was there anybody else, was she actually a filler for when there was no one else? Did I miss that answer somewhere in the story? Was he still doing these "Days" when he was asking her for everything or was it just her by then? Hell I can't remember. But I think just for that she should of nailed Tack to a wall, motorcycle and maybe even a kitchen counter. Hey it's only fair.

I really liked the story though, a couple of times it did seem like there was a little to much going on but it worked out. And I can honestly say that by 4%, I was in love with this book and it's characters. Gwen was awesome. She was funny and feisty. I loved that she rarely backed down, although she did give in to easy. I wonder why her backbone just seemed to disappear? That is my only complaint about her. Now Hawk, he made me swoon A LOT. But at one point I just wanted to slap him and hump his leg at the same time. And then I hated him, I still somewhat do. He was just so asswipey a lot of the time. I have to admit, I don't think he was right for Gwen. I don't think he was good enough for her. My opinion here. He was a hot alpha male though, yes he was. And it did seem like he tried. But beside the hotness, the 4 orgasms in 30 minuets and some of his sweet moments, I am still not completely sold on him. He may be the bad boy I hate to love. But yep, there ya go.

My song for this book: Starting Over by Killswitch Engage