ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Surrender Your Love by J.C Reed

Surrender Your Love  - J.C. Reed

Eeshh what can I say about this book? It's pretty sad when I can't really even figure it out. I just didn't like it and really some of it I just didn't really even get. I really didn't think the characters where all that bad, well maybe. I get that what happened to Brooke was suppose to be uber traumatic but it still left me going, "Wait that was all?" Sadly I needed more for me to be invested in her tragic past. I caught myself kind of just rolling my eyes as she told her story, there just wasn't enough there for me. Maybe it was just Brooke herself, it just seemed like there was something missing for her.

I liked the story at first but the more I got into it the more I was just like "Oh come on already this is ridiculous". I didn't like it at all until chapter 30 and I loved chapter 30. It seemed to be the only real part of the book, but once again after that it just flopped for me. The sex wasn't even really all that great, ecspecially not their first time. It was to wham bam thank you mam for me. Don't get me wrong, now some of the scenes were hot but over all, nopers. And of course it ended on a cliff hanger and yes I will be reading the next book. Sighhhhh