ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Starlight (Peaches Monroe #2)

Starlight - Mimi Strong

I was given this book for an honest review.

I am so in love with this series that it should be illegal. I am strongly considering moving to a state where they allow same sex marriages so I can have Peaches in my life fooorever lol. The stuff she comes up with and the stuff that comes out of her mouth, had me spitting coke onto my Kindle! I am sure as you can tell by my other review I am Team Peaches all the way, and I will gladly remind you that I love her to pieces. I am sad to say that I am disappointed with Dalton, I just can''t seem to figure him out. I was kind of glad he outright admitted to what he did but I was sad he just kind of let it go so easily. With him being such an exuberant character in the first book, it almost seemed like he lost some of that in this book. I hate to say it but I am Team Dalton all the way. Although I do believe he should be drug out into the middle of town and stoned in the balls a couple of times. Is't that like Commandment 11: Though shall not dick over an awesome woman, if so than punishment shall be 2 stones to the balls? If not, do you think we can start it? Ehhh Keith, well I just , just don't feel him. I mean when he was hot, he was hot but other than the sex and a couple of goofy cute things, he got on my nerves. I just wanted to buy the man a Big Mac with extra sauce. And at times it almost seemed like he did pick on Peaches about her weight, but he did it to where it didn't really seem like it, odd.

Lord I didn't mean for that paragraph to be like that, oops. Anyways, now this will probably get me stoned to death in the middle of the town buttttttt to me this book did not measure up to the first. It was close but it just didn't make it for me. It wasn't even as funny as the first, now don't get me wrong, I laughed but not as much. And I have to ask, was there any hint to the big bombshell that Peaches dropped hinted to in the first book? I honestly can't remember. But if there wasn't then ehh I think that it was really dropped like an awkward bomb. Still even if it was hinted to, it was just an odd way to throw it out there. I mean BAM, guess what I have at home. And the relationships also seemed kind of awkward at times. And yes I am a little pissy that things with Dalton just kind of ended, lol. I wanted more boom, more shock and awe. Maybe there will be some in the next. But seriously Mimi, did you have to go and end it like that? I mean come on, hot buttered noodles and all! My poor heart can''t take stuff like that. Do you want me to buy you a Big Mac? Cuz I will and I will even throw in some fries if you tell me a little bit about the next book.

My song for this book: Gives You Hell by All American Rejects