ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Hot Mess by Lynn Raye Harris

Hot Mess - Lynn Raye Harris

I received this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

I thought this was a good book. The only thing that I didn't really like was how things seemed to be rushed sometimes. Things just seemed to happen way to quickly and there wasn't much story to it. The sex was pretty hot, well what little you got to read about it. I mean it was way to wham bam thank you mam with the writing for these scenes, I was a little disappointed. But I will say that I loved the dirty talking, that made up for the scenes. It did have some funny moments and there were just a few awe moments. I liked Georgie most of the time, she did get a little annoying. But she did have some hidden spunk to her that drew me in. As far as Sam goes, well he didn't make me swoon. He was almost shallow. I did like that he had respect for G and yum the man had tattoos. But that was really all I got from him. I was also expecting more from the climax, when it all came down to the action...there was just nothing. It was a simple phone call and it was all over. Ehhh, blah. I was hoping for some shock and awe from these HOT guys. But nope, nothing. So over ll, I liked some of the book, the story was ehh and the characters were ok. But I will probably still read more from this series just because I want to see how it goes.

My song for this book: Kissed You Goodnight by Gloriana