ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Legend (An Eros Sister Novella) by T.M. Scott

Legend (An Eros Sister's Novella) - T.M. Scott

I was given this book for an honest review.

This short little read was an ok book. It wasn't horrible and it wasn't great, it was just ok. So let's talk about the characters, I just didn't get Legend. What was his story? What was his purpose? I mean who was he, why did he go by Legend instead of Sethos? So many questions. And Symphoni was the same way. You hardly know anything about her and what her deal is. Not really having any info on these characters really drove me nuts. I am kind of at a loss on how to feel about them. I mean of course Legend sounded hot and Symphoni was spunky, but that was it. Heck the same could be said about Legend's sister, Kassandra. Sigh.

And I guess the same could really be said about the story. I mean I really had no idea what was going on half the time. So much was missing from this story. I will point the stuff out again, who were the characters, what was going on half the time, what was the reason that Legend first started stalking Symphoni? Why was she training so hard and exactly what are Legend and Kassandra? They aren't Titans and they aren't Olympians, so what are they? I mean the story seemed like it would of been really goo if there wouldn't have been so many holes in it. And let me be completely honest here, I would live a much happier life if I never see these words again, "hazel eyes". The author used these words 21 times, yes that's right 21. Ahhhh! I know that it seems like I am mainly complaining but I will say that this was a neat story that had some interesting ideas. Plus, I am a sucker for a story that involves Greek Mythology. Oh and I really didn't get the end, so now I will definitely be reading the next book in hopes of getting some much needed answers to all my questions.

My song for this book: Passive by A Perfect Circle.