ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

The Posse by Tawdra Kandle

The Posse - Tawdra Kandle

I was given this book for an honest review.

I  found this story to be a light and sweet read. Here we have Jude, a strong, sometimes feisty and a little heartbroken widower. Still 2 years after she lost her husband she is still trying to stay strong while mourning the loss of her first love. Then we have Logan. 1 of the guys from The Posse. The Posse is just a group of 5 friends that have stuck together since grade school. In a way they are all still mourning the loss of Daniel, Jude's husband and one of the honorary members. After a night of drinking they all come up with a plan, that one of the single member will be the one to take care of Jude if she chooses. Little do they know that Logan has secretly been in love with her his whole life. So after some awkward moments Jude and Logan realize that they share the same feelings. It was very sweet to watch the love these two shared grow and become so much more.

As far as the story goes, this is way different from what I am use to and I can honestly say that all though I really never got into it, it still was a good book. Great writing and maybe there was a couple of mess ups here and there but nothing terrible. It truly was a light and sweet read, just a little to sweet for my taste though. So I did battle with my self on what to give this book, 3 or 4 stars? So after going over the pros and cons and really only finding one con, I gave it 4 stars because it really was a good read.

My song for this book: Distance by Christina Perri ft Jason Mraz