ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Vendetta by Jennifer Moulton

Vendetta - Jennifer Moulton

I was given this book for an honest review.

So this story just grabbed you from the start, I mean it literally and figuratively started out with a bang. Sorry my bad humor is here.  We are first introduced to Vin, he's a cop, a badass and a loving big brother. And sadly, one day while doing the right thing everything ends  in  tragedy. Vin comes to find out that he has lost everything except for the one light in his life his daughter Lily. And from here we go on a story of loss, betrayal, forgiveness and new love with Vin(Mark) and Lily(Allie).

You noticed I said this story started out with a bang right? Well sadly that bang went boom and fizzeled. I really had high hopes for this story. It seemed like a great idea and I was all for it, for awhile there. But it soon lost me somewhere along the way. I am not sure it was all just the story though. The writing seemed somewhat rushed in places and at times it was all over the place. I got a headache from trying to keep up with all that was going on here it was just so much at times. I was tempted to put this book down and give up a couple times, I almost didn't finish it. But the story idea, I really did like where it was going but in the middle it kind of fell flat for me. Although I will say that the way everything come out into  the light close to the end was pretty good. I really didn't see that coming. Afterall I was kinda glad I stuck with the story though because it may have been a little cheesy but I like where it ended up.

Now onto the characters. Well Vin(Mark) I liked him at first but like the rest I lost interest. To me he just never seemed natural, he always seemed so stiff. Like he was always wearing a mask, I know he was in hiding but relax some man. Besides when he was with his daughter, did you actually ever see the man joke or smile? He was all Mr. No Personality all the time, it drove me nuts. I do kind of understand why he was all gruff and stuff but gee man hold of the testosterone for a bit. Go punch a pillow or knit a sweater, something. Now I will say that I did like Lily(Allie) when she was in the story, I kind of wish there would of been more of her in it. I understand why she wasn't but ehh. She seemed to be the complete opposite of Vin, she was sweet and light hearted. She never let anything hold her back and pretty much did what she wanted. So yeah I liked her. But I am glad they got their HEA and all rode off into the sunset together. Overall, the story was kind of not there for me but one of the characters made up for it. Now would I recommend this story to others? Well the answer is a definite yes. Hey I think every story deserves a chance to be told.

My song for this book: Run To You by Bryan Adams