ginniehutto

With a book and a tattoo.......

I am never really any good with these things, I kind of feel like I am at a job interview. So let's see, what can I tell you about me and my little blog thingy? Ok well I am an avid reader and have been doing since I first learned how. About a year ago I became a part of the review world. I am in no way a professional and I pretty much do it for the fun of it. I have no rules and no guidelines for myself, well except for I always have to be completely honest. And you can tell by my reviews that I have posted so far that I have no problem at all with that. I add my personality to every review and I know things don't always make sense but I bet you laughed(hopefully). I usually stick to romance books but I have been know to pick up others if the cover and synopsis garb my attention. I currently help out on a couple blogs and reviews teams plus I am an occasionally guest reviewer on one.

To tell you about me well, I am a 30+ year old stay at home mom. I went completely blind about two years ago. But with a couple of eyes surgeries I now have complete vision back in one eye. I have a serious weakness for tattoos and I am currently proudly showing off 12 of my own. Yeahhhh, so that's it for now.

Guardian (Guardian Trilogy #1) by Sara Mack

Guardian: 1 (The Guardian Trilogy) - Sara Mack

I was given this book for an honest review.

How I even made it through this book in once piece is absolutely amazing. I cried so dang much I should be embarrassed. By the end of Chapter 2 the tears were forming and Chapter 3 they were streaming down my face. Sweet lord I needed a towel to clean myself up. I cried non stop, this book tore out my heart, stomped on it, cut it up, chewed on it then threw it away. But I really did love it. But let me give you some advice, DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT read this book in public lol.

I loved the characters. Sigh Emma, that poor doll I just wanted to wrap her up in a blanket and bring her home so i could take care of her. I loved that although she thought she was broken she was still so strong and was surviving, one day at a time. I want to talk about what happened but I will give it all away and I just can't do that lol. I honestly did feel her grief, her hopelessness, heck I felt it all. At every turn I was either cheering her on or crying with her. So many emotions. And James, oh my...he just warmed my heart. I loved him so much and he just tore me apart. Even though I understood how he felt in parts of the book, I still wanted to shake him something fierce. I fell so in love with this couple and their story. It made me smile at all the sweet times, I laughed at all the fun times and I sobbed like at two year old at the sad times. Ok so mostly I cried, i am sorry i couldn't help it. I tend to be a sensitive person. This is another book that should have a type of "Will Make You Cry" warning label. I liked Shel and Matt but ehh. Now Dane, yes he was all swoony but I swear he has a hidden agenda. I mean I know he wanted Emma to open up to him and give him a chance. I just feel like there is something else there that I am missing. He just came on way to strong for me. Maybe it is all because I am so TEAM JAMES here. So yeah there ya go with the characters.

I loved, loved this story. It may have broken my heart but I still loved it. I take notes on the books that I read and so far I have counted 12 notes about me crying. Yeah, I am telling you. Be ready. this story really just knocked me on my rear, I so was not expecting my reaction to it. The writing was fantastic, ok I will admit I kind of skimmed through a couple of pages but it was very few. The story flowed well and it just hooked me right from the start. I needed to know everything right then and there. I am so ready to read the next book. And this time I will have ready supplies, tons and tons of tissue will be available. So Sara Mack, is the next book going to make me cry as bad? Part of me wants it to and part of me thinks if it does, I will definitely need some therapy. And even though I cried a lot, I still thought that this was a great story. Not quite sure I am mentally ready for the next book.

My song for this book: Iris by Goo Goo Dolls